St. Mary's School has a school-designed curriculum that covers Pre-PP through 12th grade.
Education of excellence
The curricular design by grade is in charge of the faculty and is evaluated and modified according to the following guidelines in a balanced way:
- Professional Standards of the Department of Education of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (DE-ELA)
- Standards and Expectations by Subject (DE-ELA)
- St. Mary's School Guidelines
- Innovations and trends by subject
- Updated text content and references adapted
- Learn Aid and CEEB results
Guaranteed multidisciplinary approach
Curricular sequence and scope
Provision of curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular experiences for knowledge acquisition, skills development and values clarification.
- 75 minutes (approx.) of daily instruction time in English and Spanish at the Pre-school level.
- 60 minutes (approx.) of instructional time in all core subjects at the elementary and secondary levels.
- Bilingual teaching in Mathematics from Pre-Pre
The instructional program provides for the inclusion of technology as a tool for students, teachers and parents in the teaching-learning process. In this way, students' experiences and learning are enhanced. This includes a variety of strategies and activities that encourage students to acquire a well-rounded education and, in turn, promote critical thinking skills.